Experienced systems engineer and administer to provide Linux engineering, software integration and tier three administration in the context of an automated cloud provisioning environment. Primary duties include performing systems administration, maintenance, and engineering in multiple large enterprise server environments (Linux, Red Hat, CentOS). Regular M-F hours in Herndon, VA.
- Provide technical guidance in software engineering techniques and automated support tools
- Analyze functional business applications and design specifications for functional activities
- Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user level documentation
- Assist in establishing standards for information systems procedures
- Provide operational pager/phone duty support
- Complete day to day Operations & Maintenance tasks
- Perform operating system software updates, upgrades and patches
- Perform technical evaluations, analysis and troubleshooting for all supported servers in response to help desk tickets including, server failures, full systems outages and troubleshooting
- Assist in server maintenance and special projects, during extended work hours
- Attend TEMs to discuss and agree upon MOAs, ensuring MOA is within scope of supporting teams’ work
- Support customer in the development and maintenance of systems baseline
- Assess server loads and work with Technical Leads on developing tuning recommendations
- Additional duties as assigned.
Candidate must have one of the following:
Puppet, Python, PHP, Cloud Foundry, Cloud computing including PaaS, IaaS and SaaS.
Job related experience/high level proficiency in the following:
Qualifications: Linux, Red Hat
Desired: Linux, provisioning tools, Centrify