Experienced Systems Engineer and Administrator to provide Linux engineering, software integration, and Tier 3 administration in the context of an automated Cloud provisioning environment.
Primary duties include:
- Perform systems administration, maintenance, and engineering in multiple large enterprise server environments (Linux, Red Hat, CentOS).
- Provide technical guidance in software engineering techniques and automated support tools.
- Analyze functional business applications and design specifications for functional activities.
- Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation.
- Assist in establishing standards for information systems procedures.
- Provide operational pager/phone duty support.
- Complete day-to-day Operations & Maintenance tasks.
- Perform operating system software updates, upgrades, and patches.
- Perform technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all supported servers in response to Help Desk tickets including, server failures, full systems outages, and troubleshooting.
- Assist in server maintenance and special projects, during extended work hours.
- Attend TEMs to discuss and agree upon MOAs, ensuring MOA is within scope of supporting teams’ work.
- Support customer in the development and maintenance of systems baseline.
- Assess server loads and work with Technical Leads on developing tuning recommendations.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Herndon, VA - Regular M-F hours