Senior Financial Analyst
Overall Assignment Description:
Provide support to CIO-T/TCFP by conducting financial and business analysis of IT and Open IT investments.
- Support and develop processes for data analytics and cost benefit models to deliver data-driven IT investments for CIO-T and Open IT portfolio.
- Conduct financial and benefit analysis for strategic business cases which influence investment/divestment decisions for the Open IT Program Build.
- Serve as strategic advisors to government leads, manage project staff deliverables, conduct financial & data analytics, and participate in senior leadership presentations in support of investment/divestment, as well as unfunded request, decisions.
- Conduct cost benefit analysis of agency-wide and IC-wide IT investments and make recommendations to help the Deputy Director, CIO, Deputy CIO, Chief Financial Executive, and IT Portfolio Lead maximize NGA’s benefits while minimizing cost.
- Research and work with TCFP leadership, Program Managers, Capability Program Managers, Portfolio Leads, and FM resources to identify and coordinate solutions to funding gaps in CIO-T IT investments during Program Build efforts.
- Support ad-hoc tasking by the Portfolio Integration Board Working Group (PIBWG) chair, including spend plan analysis, MS Project-based schedule aligning agenda topics to key budget milestones, and recommendations to increase PIBWG efficiency and effectiveness.
- Analyze prior Program Build efforts, identify lessons learned, and craft recommendations to improve future activities.
- Assist in the development of senior management level briefings and present briefings when necessary.
- Work with TCFP leadership to support OSO-led efforts, such as the identification and submission of Open IT efforts and milestones that are on the NGA-wide Capabilities Critical Path.
- Performed data analytics in support of NGA’s Agency IT Portfolio Summary (formerly known as OMB Exhibit 53) submission via SNaP-IT. Analyzed by appropriation type, Expenditure Center, Portfolio, Program, Key Component, Investment Program, IT Initiative and Capability Title. Data will inform and characterize NGA’s IT portfolio to the CIO prior to formal submission of NGA’s IT Portfolio to ODNI.
- Apply best practices for Federal planning, programming and budgeting policies and procedures and in-depth financial data analysis for the entire NSG Program (i.e.: NSG Intelligence Program Budget Submission, Program Objective Memorandum, etc.).
- Employ analytic skills in the assessment of Information Technology (IT) Investment portfolios to develop recommendations to initiate, continue or terminate investments based to balance risk and mission performance. Analyze IT investments for alignment to Enterprise architecture and IT Strategy and customer Vision.
- Support IT Portfolio Management process development, implementation, and ongoing sustainment with industry best practices and methods enabling investment and execution prioritization.
- Providing business analytics and process improvement assessments to examine key functions and problem areas. Assess documents and processes to identify potential increased risk due to ineffective or lacking practices. Propose corrective measures to streamline, standardize and automate processes.
- Coordinate and collaborate across CIO-T, FM, OSO, Source, and Analysis.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills that demonstrate a broad understanding of NGA portfolio management, planning, programming, execution, cost analysis, acquisition, and program/project cost estimating principles.
- Work as a part of an integrated IT Portfolio Management team to include direct interfacing with program offices.
- Make effective use of computational methods and tools.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools.
- Analyze investments and make recommendations.