Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
- Provides operational ground support for mission critical systems.
- Supports a 24x7 operations center working 12-hour shifts with 3.5 days on 3.5 days off.
- Serves as a first level service desk technician who records and identifies issues, attempts a first-call resolution to the issue, and assigns it to an appropriate workgroup if unable to resolve.
- Serves as a single point of contact for service requests and incident reports. Updates existing incidents and service request records that are active in the service management system.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of various operating system platforms including: UNIX, LINUX and Windows.
- Interacts with Network, Systems Administration, Software, Engineering, Applications and/or Database Development teams to restore service and/or identify and correct system problems.
- Troubleshoots software scripts to enhance productivity.
- Provides technical, operations and training support. Performs hardware diagnostics, coordinates repairs and makes recommendations for systems modifications.
- Configures and installs system hardware and software. Maintains and updates equipment inventory, documentation and procedures.
- Performs system backups and restores systems from backups. Creates and maintains user profiles and accounts.
- Monitors network and system activity and troubleshoots network outages
- Must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment: CompTIA Security+CE.
- Must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date.
As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations. Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI with Polygraph.
Shifts are on a Daytime Panama Schedule 6am to 6pm
Week 1: Work Mon & Tue; Off Wed & Thr; Work Fri, Sat & Sun
Week 2: Off Mon & Tue; Work Wed & Thr; Off Fri, Sat & Sun