Experienced Systems Engineer and Administrator to provide Linux engineering, software integration and Tier Three administration in the context of an automated cloud provisioning environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and develop solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns.
- Perform systems management and integration functions within a large Linux environment.
- Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Additional duties include: performing systems administration, maintenance, and engineering in multiple large enterprise server environments (Linux, Red Hat, CentOS).
- Collaborate with engineers or software developers to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Communicate with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements.
- Develop system engineering, software engineering, system integration, or distributed system architectures.
- Direct the installation of operating systems, network or application software, or computer or network hardware.
- Direct the analysis, development, and operation of complete computer systems.
- Document design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.
- Establish functional or system standards to ensure operational requirements, quality requirements, and design constraints are addressed.
- Identify system data, hardware, or software components required to meet user needs.
- Investigate system component suitability for specified purposes and make recommendations regarding component use.
- Monitor system operation to detect potential problems.
- Perform ongoing hardware and software maintenance operations, including installing or upgrading hardware or software.
- Perform security analyses of developed or packaged software components.
- Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
- Configure servers to meet functional specifications.
- Work as a team lead or member to evaluate and make tactical and strategic recommendations for the system architecture, architecture of the hardware, communications, data security, messaging, applications, office automation, printing, administration, support, performance, and availability.
- Lead or participate as a member of a team to assess and recommend a migration strategy to new technologies.
- Develop plans for Information Technology (IT) systems from project inception to conclusion.
- Analyze the problem and the information to be processed.
- Define the problem and develop system requirements and program specifications from which programmers prepare detailed designs, programs, and tests.
- Evaluate analytically and systematically problems of work flows, organization, and planning, and develop appropriate corrective action.
Herndon, VA - Day shift with core hours 9am - 3pm