Time Well Spent
- Provide capacity planning and support regarding IT cost forecasting model development, maintenance, and improvement.
- Build and validate accurate and complete cost models to include model automation through macros, visual basic, Python, or other modeling tools.
- Assess and advise the client on a variety of modeling techniques and when to implement different types of models, demonstrating the ability to develop technical solutions and review proposed solutions to determine if they are feasible and correctly utilized.
- Work as a part of an integrated capacity planning team to include direct interfacing with program offices and OIT/CIO-T/TCFP leadership.
- Serve as a technical modeling expert for the integrated capacity planning team.
- Assist in the development of management level briefings and present briefings as necessary.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills that demonstrate a broad understanding of NGA portfolio management, cost estimating principles, the role and responsibilities of CIO-T, and the NGA 40+ IT programs and AWS fundamentals, to include AWS pricing models.
- Act as trusted technical modeling and quantitative analysis advisor to the OIT/CIO-T/TCFP leadership.
- B.A. degree, or higher, Operations Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Analytics, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Business, related field or equivalent work experience in finance or business.
- Experience designing, developing, and building cost models or economic analysis tools.
- Experience with basic statistics, regression analysis, and Monte Carlo.
- Knowledge of the portfolio management process, including working groups, integrated product teams, governance boards, and CBJB development.
- Background in data manipulation and developing data driven recommendations, particularly with regards to CIO-T and the Open IT Portfolio.
- Foundational understanding of data retention policies within the NGA, IC, and Mission Partners.
- Experience with machine learning.
- Advanced MS Excel modeling capabilities, specifically strong familiarity with “in sheet” formulas and VBA; mandatory proficiency with all other Microsoft Office tools.
- Experience gathering data and documenting business processes from disparate sources to build forecasts that enable data driven decision making.
- Programming skills in languages such as VBA, Python, SPSS, R, C++, Stata, SQL.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your news feed